The role of the Volunteer Café Assistant is to provide assistance to the Café staff.
As part of their role, Volunteer Café Assistants may be required to:
- Take customers orders, waiting and serving
- Clean and tidy tables, replenish counters with crockery, napkins etc.
- Become familiar with menus in order to assist customers with their choice
- Help to maintain a high standard of presentation within the café
- Ensure food safety and hygiene at all times
- Handle cash
- Support the catering staff in the smooth running of the Bridge Café
- Ensure that visitors enjoy their visit
- Help to maintain cleanliness through the opening and closing procedure, washing up etc.
- Prepare food such as hot meals, sandwiches etc.
What skills or experience are required?
- Good Communicator
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
- Friendly and approachable
Click here to complete a volunteer application.